Our Head Start program includes 12 different locations across Williamson and Burnet Counties. These Head Start centers provide a multitude of learning and growth opportunities for our Head Start boys and girls. Teachers practice letters, numbers, and vocabulary with the children, but they also work on physical and social activities, as well. It is important that our classrooms are equipped with enough toys, supplies, and resources for our Head Start children to grow.
In April, we created an Amazon Wish List for our Head Start program and shared it during Week of the Young Child from April 12-16, 2021. We were astonished to see the community engagement and support of our Head Start classrooms. Most of our sites received some donation from our Amazon Wish List and these items have recently been distributed to our different centers.
Here are some of the donations our sites are most excited about.
- Florence Head Start site received a wagon and a picnic table.
- Burnet Head Start received a storage cabinet for their arts and crafts.
- Bagdad Head Start in Leander received a cool tricycle.
- Marble Falls Head Start received building blocks and wooden puzzles.
- Rawleigh Elliott Early Head Start in Georgetown received a soccer net and ball for their playground.
We are so grateful for the community support of our Amazon Wish Lists. We have these lists for each program, but especially are in need of these items for our Head Start centers due to normal wear and tear over the years. Our Amazon Wish List will remain open and as our centers require new items, we will update the list. Thanks again to our donors for the generosity and support!